1 Corinthians 4:1-2 – This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
1 Corinthians 3:1-4:7
Sermon Application / Questions
- Jealously = I’m the king of my own kingdom rather than a servant of His.
- Jealously = Personal glory not God’s glory.
- Jealously = pulling against the spirit.
- Jealously = Is a poor builder with poor materials.
- Jealously is corrosive to relationships and to community.
- Have you ever been jealous of someone? What were you jealous of? Did it affect your relationship with them?
- Identify what is of the “city of God” in your life and what is of the “earthly city.”
- What area(s) of your life are still in their infancy?
- Culture tells us that what matters most is influence, power and prestige – leverage these things for your own gain. The cross is counter-culture. What can you leverage for the good of others?
- Do you have the eyes and ears to see what God is doing in your life? Often, others can see what we can’t. How can your friends, family or Lifegroup help with this?
- What are you resistant to the spirit about? In what areas are you telling the spirit no?
- Life’s Objectives for Jesus people:
- Know Christ more
- Be more like Christ so that others would know Him more
- Pass along good gifts
- How does the gospel impact you on a daily basis? What can you do to align yourself to the spirit?
Key Dates / Events:
- Wednesday, October 25 – Monster Vision Night. Your invited to hear about all of the new and exciting things happening in our Kids Community and Family Ministries.
- Tuesdays in November – serving at the Dublin Food Pantry from 9-noon (six people needed every Tuesday). Email Jan Bowman for more information