Questions to ask at every gathering…
- What are you hearing from Jesus?
- How are you going to obey Jesus?
- How are you helping others to hear from and obey Jesus?
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; ~ Isaiah 53:6
- In what arena of life do you feel most tempted to turn away from God?
- Position – recognition, respect, popularity, etc
- Wealth – money, possessions, affluence, etc
- Alliances – being connected to and “knowing” people
- Wisdom – knowledge, being the smartest person in the room
- Strength – power, self reliance, etc
- How does fear drive us towards temptation or turning away from God?
- What do we receive in Christ that casts out fear? Informs of us our true identity?
Give me a man of God – one man,
One mighty prophet of the Lord,
And I will give you peace on earth,
Bought with a prayer and not a sword.
– Henry George Liddell