Colossians 1:14-20 the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
- What struck you about the message? What stuck out to you?
- Do we believe these things in Colossians 1 about Jesus? If not, how does that impact your view of Him?
- Beliefs lead to Practices, which leads to Structures: What are some practical examples of this in your life?
- Every good church equips and reinforces steps of faith in every follower of Christ, resulting in greater depth of maturity…authentic Christ-likeness: Transformation! Why is this more difficult than just doing church?
- If we’re going to be this kind of church, what is required of us?
- What practices can you take steps in that are based on your beliefs? (attending, giving, serving, BLESS10, inviting)