Questions to ask at every gathering…
- What are you hearing from Jesus?
- How are you going to obey Jesus?
- How are you helping others to hear from and obey Jesus?
Please review the current Weekly Update with your group.
There are a lot of things we can do to get ready to be on mission… things that are, to a certain extent, within our power. We can train in order to do certain things better and to obtain particular skills. The apostle Paul‘s final encouragement in his letter to the Ephesians puts it simply. Paul says to be strong in the Lord, so you can stand. The mission of God is a continual pouring out of one’s life, their whole life, and it cannot be done apart from Christ. Be strong in the Lord, clothes yourself in Christ – every day, stand, fully live, lay it down, pour it out, and live on mission for God.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord” – Ephesians 6:10
- Either you’re ready, or you aren’t. There is no “middle ground” when it comes to being mission-ready. Do you agree? Do you feel ready?
- What does it mean to stand strong in the Lord? Can you think of a practical example?
- What are some things you can do on a daily basis to help keep you in a state of mission readiness?
- Have everyone share the names of the people on their BLESS10 list and pray for them together as a group.
- Hold one another accountable through the week to taking a step towards at least one person on everyone’s list.