Unleashed describes the zeal with which we are going after our first ever permanent church home in the northwest!
Frequently Asked Questions
5626 Frantz Rd, Dublin, OH is a potential home for the North West Vista congregation.
It’s a 40,000sf, two-story structure with 500 parking spaces. Its size affords us plenty of worship, mid-size gathering, student, and kids space, along with opportunities to explore not-for-profit and for-profit partnerships and cooperative ventures that increase our ability to reach more and further.
It’s a physical structure that supports the practices that reflect our faith:
- A Worshipful space…where the humble gather as equals before God through shared experiences, sacraments, encouragement, and sending
- A Relational space…where Vista and the surrounding community (church, parachurch, business) overlap and cooperate for our good and God’s glory
- A Missional space…out of which mercy, compassion and generosity flow to those still far from God
Exercise faith and pray!
- Enter a journey of faith and expect the character development associated with any God-driven pursuit.
- Schedule a few minutes of daily prayer that we will clearly hear God’s direction for Vista as it relates to this and any property in the North West Columbus area.
- Consider a major donation in addition to your regular giving. Determine your range and over the next few weeks pray for the faith to move.
- Consider your 2-year regular giving commitment. What would be required to take another step toward tithing?
- Sunday, November 7th, come together and make our commitments!
- 2-year regular giving commitments serve the needs of both our lender and our budget.
- Bank loans to churches require congregational giving commitments as an alternative to what a business might show as an operating cash flow to handle the debt service.
- For us, 2-year regular giving increases and commitments provide confidence to forge ahead, and also buy time for the congregation to rebound, grow, and add to our giving base.
First, remember that this is a spiritual exercise as much as it is a financial one. It’s clear in scripture that wherever God intends for his people to go…can only be reached by faith. Praying and hearing from God is a critical part of any decision.
Second, consider this approach: Using the gift distribution list below, establish your donation range with a low end that’s comfortable and a high end that’s very uncomfortable. And then use the time between now and Nov 7th to pray for the faith to move up in that range.
Although Sunday, Nov 7th, is our deadline for commitments, we don’t anticipate collecting major donations until we’re certain about the purchase, a few weeks prior to closing, in mid to late December.
- Final giving commitments are scheduled to be submitted and received on Sunday, Nov 7th.
- Closing on the property will be 30-60 days after sufficient commitments are secured.
- Construction renovations necessary to meet use codes will take 30-60 days following closing.
- Bob Castor
- Mary Clark
- Matt Cooper
- Corinne Evans
- Natalie Fancher
- Angela Hanson
- Tod Heath
- John Parente
- Mike Smith
- Gary Treichler
- Paul Vorst
- Eric Biddle (candidate)
- Andrew Swartzel (candidate)
- Laurie Riebel
- Blake Sherry
- Jeff Strine
- Mark Slabaugh